Today is Tuesday, Sep. 22, 2020

Department of Environmental and Public Health Sciences

Division of Epidemiology

Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates:

How to Apply (Certificate in Clinical & Translational Research)


  • If applying for the Epidemiology MS or PhD Programs, Please click here.
  • If applying for the MS in Clinical & Translational Research, Please click here.
  • If applying for the Molecular Epidemiology in Children's Environmental Health Training Program (MECEH), Please click here.

The Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research is designed to provide an introduction to clinical and translational research.  Interested candidates should possess a baccalaureate degree with a minimum 3.0 or equivalent GPA.

Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year and, upon acceptance, students can begin the program in any term.

The deadlines are as follows:

  • Fall: July 15
  • Spring: November 15
  • Summer:June 1


The following materials are required from all applicants:

  1. Graduate School Application: Applicants will be required to pay the $25 application fee.

  2. Personal Reference: One reference is required.  You will be asked to enter information for your personal reference as part of the Graduate School application (item 1). Your reference will then receive an email with their login information and a link where they can upload a letter of recommendation/respond to a series of questions about you.  Your reference should contact the Program Coordinator, Rachel Meyer, at if they have questions.

  3. Current CV or resume.

  4. Career Goals and Personal Summary

  5. Official TOEFL scores (Institutional code=1833; Department Major Field Code=46). A minimum TOEFL score of 600 paper/250 computer test/96 Internet-based is required of all applicants whose native language is not English, unless specifically exempted. The TOEFL requirement is met for applicants with medical or graduate degrees earned from accredited universities and colleges in the US, Canada (except Quebec), England, Australia, New Zealand, or other English-speaking countries.

  6. Unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges/universities where you received a degree. These will be uploaded into the application system. 

  7. Official transcript from the college/university in which you received your most recent degree.The official transcript will be sent straight to the UC Graduate School. Please contact Rachel Meyer,, for more information.