The Connections (BS/MD) Application CLOSED at 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday 12/01/19 and the application system will no longer accept materials. Applications that are incomplete past the deadline cannot be considered. We do not make exceptions to this policy or extend deadlines for any reason.
How to Apply
Students apply to the Connections Program through an online application. This application is separate from the University of Cincinnati’s application for undergraduate admission.
Therefore, students interested in the Connections Program must submit an application to University of Cincinnati’s undergraduate college through The Common Application in addition to completing and submitting the Connections application.
We encourage you to see if you are eligible to apply to the University of Cincinnati's Darwin T. Turner Scholarship.
The following steps must be completed by December 1, 2019 in order to be considered for the Connections Program:
STEP 1: Complete the Common Application and all University of Cincinnati undergraduate admissions requirements by December 1, 2019.
- Each undergraduate academic program has a unique application timeline, thus we strongly recommend students become familiar with the application and scholarship deadlines of the undergraduate academic programs to which they are applying.
- Students in the Connections Program must choose to major OR minor in Medical Sciences:
- Major in Medical Sciences: You must choose Medical Sciences as your first choice major on the Common Application.
- Minor in Medical Sciences: Select your preferred major on the Common Application. Once you have enrolled at UC, you may then contact the Medical Sciences team to add the minor.
- Please Note: Your selection to major or minor in Medical Sciences is made at the time you submit your applications. Thus, if chosen for the Connections Program, you will enter with the Medical Sciences status you chose per the outline above (i.e., we cannot place you in the Medical Sciences major post-acceptance if you did not complete your Common App as outlined above). Following matriculation a minor could apply to become a major through the transfer mechanism Medical Sciences offers each spring (i.e., during/after the first year of undergraduate study).
- All questions regarding the undergraduate application process, including deadlines, should be directed to the Undergraduate Admissions office.
- Please be aware that the Connections application is separate from the University of Cincinnati undergraduate application; application materials are not shared between these two offices.
STEP 2: Submit the online Connections application, including $30 application fee.
- To create an account in the MedOneStop Application Portal: Go to MedOne Stop (link will be active when application is open each year)
- To create a new Connections application or access your in-progress application: Go to MedOne Stop (link will be active when application is open each year)
STEP 3: Two Letters of Recommendation must be uploaded by letter writers to the application system. Letter writers receive automatically-generated notification emails with upload instructions upon your submission of the online Connections application.
STEP 4: High school transcripts must be uploaded to the application system by a school official. School officials receive automatically-generated notification emails with upload instructions upon your submission of the online Connections application.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered by the Admissions Committee and will ultimately disqualify you from consideration for admission into the Connections Program. Therefore, all application materials must be received by our application deadline. Materials received thereafter will not be considered and absolutely no exceptions will be made to this policy.
All application status updates, interview invitations, and admissions decisions are available through the Application Portal.
Having trouble with the Connections online application?
If you are having problems with the application itself, please contact MedOneStop@uc.edu