Financial Services

Instructions for Continuing Students

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)



Complete the FAFSA at  Do not include parental information on the FAFSA.  Include two schools and codes on your FAFSA: 

University of Cincinnati (003125)

UC College of Medicine (E00385)

Submit your FAFSA online at least a week prior to the May 1, 2013 deadline.


UC Financial Aid Application



This application is available at  Click on “MedOneStop Portal Login” in the upper right corner.  Login using your ID# and password and follow the links under “My Financial Aid.”  When the application is complete, click “Submit” to upload it to the Financial Aid Office.  Submit your application by May 1, 2013. 


IRS Data Retrieval

If you file a federal tax return for 2012, you should take part in the IRS data retrieval process when you complete your FAFSA on the Web.  If you file your taxes after you complete the FAFSA, submit a correction to your FAFSA to activate the IRS data retrieval process.  Applicants who do not take part in the IRS data retrieval process and are selected for Verification will have to request a tax transcript from the IRS. 


UC College of Medicine Stafford Loan Request Form



Complete the UC College of Medicine Stafford Loan Request Form to let us know how much you want to borrow.  Request only what you are sure you will need.  Bring your Loan Request Form to the Financial Aid Office by May 1, 2013.  Additional copies are available at under “Financial Services.” 


Grad PLUS Loan




To receive this loan, determine the amount you will need and complete the UC College of Medicine Grad PLUS Loan Request Form, which can be downloaded at under “Financial Services.”  Bring the form to the Financial Aid Office when you are ready to receive the loan.  If this is the first time you are borrowing a Grad PLUS Loan, complete a Grad Plus Master Promissory Note (MPN), available at  For your school, select the University of Cincinnati, 2624 Clifton Avenue, 440 University Pavilion.  Complete the Loan Entrance Counseling for the Grad PLUS Loan, indicating you are a graduate student.


Need Access Application




If you are applying for need-based aid complete a Need Access application, providing both student/spouse and parent information.  This application is available on the Web at  Submit your completed application, along with the fee, to Need Access so it will reach the financial aid office by the May 1 deadline.  Need Access charges a fee of $15 ($28 for first time applicants).


Need Access Information from Divorced Parents

If divorced parents have not remarried, students must provide information from both parents.  Need Access allows this information to be entered separately.  In cases where divorced parents have remarried, students may provide information from only one parent and that parent’s spouse if they wish.  This information would be entered jointly on Need Access.


2012 Federal Tax Returns

If you apply for need-based aid and complete the Need Access application, submit signed copies of 2012 Federal Tax Returns (including all schedules) and W-2’s to the Financial Aid Office for yourself, a spouse if you are married, and your parents by May 1, 2013.


May 1, 2013 Application Deadline


You can check on the status of your application on the Web at  Click on “MedOneStop Portal Login” and then on “My Financial Aid” and follow the links.



Students in library

More Information


UC College of Medicine
Financial Aid Services
(513) 558-6797

Daniel Burr, PhD
Assistant Dean for Student Financial Planning

Debbie Kaffenberger
Assistant Director